Diplomas and transcripts


Take care of your original diploma, it will be issued only once!

Your diploma is issued when you have completed a degree or vocational qualification. The diploma includes your transcript, with your grades and description of your course of study. If you improve any of the grades included on the diploma, a supplementary transcript can be ordered from Studentweb or Diploma Registry. Regardless of whether you complete your studies within the normal duration, or use extra time, you do not need to order your diploma. It will be issued automatically. The exception is the elective bachelor degree where a diploma must be ordered.

Elective bachelor degree

If you meet the requirements of the Regulations for Studies and Examinations at Nord University § 2-3 (1c), you may apply for the conferral of an elective bachelor degree.

Applications are approved on the basis of completed courses.

For advice regarding which programmes and/or courses are suited to an elective bachelor degree, contact the relevant study advisor.

-> Application form for elective bachelor

Diploma Registry

By using the Diploma Registry, you can collect your results from higher education in Norway and share them with potential employers, educational institutions and other relevant recipients. 
From the Diploma registry you can print or share your diploma before you receive the paper version. The Diploma Registry is free of charge.

How far back in time can you get your results in the Diploma registry
Some results before the mid-1990 are not recorded digitally. For these results you can obtain a confirmation at the degree obtained together with a transcript of records.

Diploma supplement

A Diploma Supplement (DS) is issued together with the diploma. Diploma Supplement is valid only with the diploma. The DS gives asupplementary description of the obtained qualification.

-> For more information: NOKUT
-> Diploma supplement example


Diplomas for conferred degrees are valuable documents, which are issued once only. Take good care of your diplomas. In exceptional circumstances and upon application with grounds, duplicates may be issued. It will be charged a fee for the issuance of duplicate. 

In cases where duplicate can not be issued, students can obtain a confirmation at the degree obtained together with a transcript of records.


A transcript is an overview of achieved results that do not lead or have led to a degree or vocational education. The transcript does not contain a description of the course of study, but includes an overview of courses passed and grades awarded.

If you require a transcript during or after the course of your studies, you may order it in Studentweb or Diploma Registry. In Studentweb: Click on "Orders" in the top menu. Once the order has been made, it will take a few minutes for the transcript to appear under "Documents." The transcript of records is electronically signed.

Log on to the Diploma Registry

> Diploma Registry

Contact information

Do you have questions about diplomas or related topics?

Email: postmottak@nord.no