Diplomas and transcripts


A diploma and diploma supplement are issued upon the completion of a degree or vocational training, including the one-year programme in educational theory and practice (PPU), or other programme of study that corresponds to a minimum of two (2) years of full-time study.

Your Diploma is digital and available in the Diploma Registry​. Diplomas contain the student’s grades and a description of the study programme. 

If you are an international student, you will receive a paper diploma. Read more under Paper Diplomas below.

  • In the Diploma Registry,  you will find your results achieved at higher education institutions in Norway. Here you can share your results digitally with other educational institutions, potential employers and other parties. From the registry, you can print and share your diploma. The service is free of charge.

    Access to the Diploma Registry:
    To gain access to the Diploma Registry, former students must have a Norwegian national identity number or D number. If you have a D number, you are advised to obtain an electronic ID, for example MinID.​

    Results dating back in time:
    Unfortunately, not all results are recorded in the registry. In that case, contact your educational institution and request a transcript of records or confirmation of your degree.

  • Students will find their digital diplomas and confirmation of grade in the Diploma Registry. International students will in addition receive a paper diploma. If you are an international student, the diploma will be sent to your registered home address (you can find it in Studentweb under “Home address”). You can update the address in the ​National Population Register

    Please note:
    If you move from Norway, you need to send an e-mail to exam@nord.no​​ with the address to which you want the diploma sent to. ​

    Take care of your paper diploma, it will be issued only once!

    Application for paper diploma
    If you have received a digital diploma, but need to present a diploma on paper to educational institutions or employers abroad, you can apply to have a paper diploma issued. Do not request a paper diploma until the need arises.

    Application form for paper diploma

  • A Diploma Supplement (DS) is a supplement in English that is issued along with your diploma. This gives information about the student's education and Norway’s education system. 

    All degree students at Nord University are issued a Diploma Supplement free of charge. The Diploma Supplement is available in the Diploma Registry, and is valid only in conjunction with the diploma. For those receiving a paper diploma, the DS will also will be sent with your diploma. 

    Read more about the Diploma Supplement on the website of the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT).

  • If your diploma is lost or damaged, you may in special cases apply for the issuance of a duplicate diploma, cf. Section 12-1 (6) of the Regulations relating to Studies and Examinations at Nord​ University. The diploma will be marked as a duplicate. 

    Documentation of the loss or damage is required, e.g. copy of the police report if it has been stolen, or confirmation from the insurance company in the event of fire or water damage. The student will be required to pay a replacement fee. 

    In cases where duplicates cannot be granted, students may obtain a confirmation of their degree along with a grade transcript. You can also use the Diploma Registry to share your results and confirmation of grade electronically.

  • If you meet the requirements of the Regulations for Studies an​d Examinations at Nord University § 2-3 (1 b & c), you may apply for the conferral of an elective bachelor degree.

    Applications are approved on the basis of completed courses.

    For advice regarding which programmes and/or courses are suited to an elective bachelor degree, contact the relevant study advisor.

    Find application form for elective bachelor degrees.

  • Nord University educates several professional groups that require authorisation according to the Health Personnel Act §48. Authorisation grants the right to use the professional title or designation that characterizes the respective healthcare professional group. The Health Directorate (Helsedirektoratet) is responsible for processing authorization applications. 

    Authorisation for Nurses 

    After you have completed your nursing degree and received your diploma in the Diploma Portal, you must apply for authorisation yourself. You can apply here: Helseaktørportalen (helsedirektoratet.no) 

    For information and the application process, please refer to Authorisation and License - Health Directorate

    Authorisation for Other Healthcare Personnel 

    For the occupational groups of social educators (vernepleie), pharmacists (farmasøyt), and paramedics (paramedisin), the university reports authorisation directly to the Health Directorate. This means you do not need to apply for authorisation from the Health Directorate yourself. 

    After the university has submitted the report, you will receive an email at the address you have registered in Altinn. Once you have paid, you will receive your authorisation shortly and can check your authorisation in the Healthcare Personnel Register

    Learn more about authorisation here: Authorisation and License - Health Directorate

Transcript of records

  • If you require a transcript during or after the course of your studies, you may order it in Studentweb or Diploma Registry.

    In Studentweb:

    Click on "More" and "Orders" in the top menu. Once the order has been made, it will take a few minutes for the transcript to appear under "Documents." The transcript of records is electronically signed.

  • If a student improves a grade in a course that is included in the basis for the diploma, it will be documented by a separate grade transcript in accordance with Section 12-1, (4) of the Regulations relating to Studies and Examinations at Nord University.