Current research shows that the Lule Saami language has a unique grammar that challenges our understanding of language and grammar and provides new information about the human capacity for language.
Our bachelor degree in Lule Saami Language provides a comprehensive introduction to Lule Saami language, emphasizing the practical, the scientific and the pedagogical. Through this program, students develop their oral and written skills in Lule Saami, learn linguistic terminology and become acquainted with Saami literature and the literature of other Indigenous peoples. By encountering new perspectives on Lule Saami grammar and literature, students strengthen their critical thinking skills and learn to understand language in an entirely new way.
A bachelor degree in Lule Saami can open up many opportunities for higher education and employment in Norway and other countries.
Following further studies
Upon successful completion of this program, the candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and general competence.
The candidate will have
- acquired basic knowledge of the key aspects of the subject and specialized knowledge in selected areas of the field
- acquired basic knowledge in the key areas of a secondary subject, or broader knowledge of selected areas of various subjects
The candidate will be able to
- communicate both orally and in writing in the Lule Saami language
- navigate the academic literature regarding language and/or literature
- communicate his or her knowledge about language and/or literature that he or she has acquired during the program
The candidate will
- be able to work independently in professions requiring knowledge of Lule Saami language, culture and literature
- have competence to apply for further education on masters level