Advanced English Language and Literature: Spring Package
Hva kan du jobbe som?
The study of English provides international students with a solid foundation for communication-based work in a variety of occupations. The study of English provides a wide range of language, communication, and cultural skills. Upon completion of the semester package, students have received course content relevant to the following areas of employment:
Translation / proofreading / editing
Teaching (upon certification) / tutoring
University recruitment / international affairs
Opptak til studieprogrammet krever generell studiekompetanse.
Søkere som ikke har generell studiekompetanse, og er 25 år eller eldre, kan søke om opptak på grunnlag av realkompetanse.
Higher education entrance qualification, language requirement, view more information about requirements and deadlines.
Entrance as a semester or year international exchange student to Nord University, Campus Bodø. NB! The English level expected in these classes is higher than the entrance requirement, and this is reflected in the reading load and course expectations. Students should note that this package is meant for more fluent users of English, for example students majoring in English at their home university, or native users of English. A more general English offer is also available in spring semester.
The student shall:
- Develop knowledge of textual structure and linguistic devices and of critical and analytical approaches to both literary and non-literary texts in English;
- Have introductory and focused knowledge of traditional and contemporary literary texts and theory;
- Have increased knowledge of and insight into the English language.
The student can:
- Use English more confidently and functionally, both orally and in writing appropriate to the audience in different situations;
- Demonstrate English skills in a variety of formats.
The student can:
- Demonstrate broad-based knowledge of central authors’ biographies, secondary criticism, and their respective contributions to periods and genres of literature.
- Apply knowledge and skills within the subject of English in an academic and professional context.