Molecular Cell Biology
- Has a broad knowledge of the structure and function of cells on a molecular and organelle level.
- Is familiar with basic research fields in cell biology, selected tools and methods to study cells.
- Can update his/her knowledge in the field of Molecular Cell Biology.
- Can apply relevant theoretical knowledge to the performance of simple laboratory tasks.
- Can scientifically report, using proper molecular cell biology terminology, results obtained from basic molecular biology techniques.
- Can collect and use relevant published information for the interpretation of observations obtained from molecular cell biology experiments.
- Can reflect upon their observations obtained after performing basic molecular cell biology techniques.
- Has knowledge and understanding of the risks when working in a molecular cell biology laboratory.
- Can communicate results and theories in writing.
- Can exchange opinions with fellow students and work alone, or as part of a group.
- Is familiar with new thinking and innovation processes in the field of molecular cell biology.
Compulsory: Bachelor in Animal Science
Compulsory: Bachelor in Biology
Master in Bioscience: Elective
The course addresses eukaryotic cell biology topics from a molecular biology view point. Key issues are
1.Storage and expression of genetic information
2.Structure and function of cellular membrane systems
3.Cell-cell interactions and extra cellular matrix
4.Cytoskeleton and cellular movement
The lab course addresses basic PCR methods.
Lectures: 32 hours
Repetitoria: 6 hours
Lab exercise: 4 hours
Compound assessment, grading scale Letter grades
Portfolio assessment, comprises 0/100 of the grade, grading scale Passed / Not Passed.
- Must be passed prior to submission of the Written examination.
- Written examination, 4 hours, comprises 100/100 of the grade, grading scale Letter grades.