Semester packages and courses
Semester package Semester Campus Business and Innovation Autumn Bodø Public Sector Economy Spring
Bodø Business and Governance in the Arctic Spring Bodø
Faculty of Biosciences and Aquaculture
Faculty of Biosciences and Aquaculture
Semester package Semester Campus Molecular Biosciences Autumn Bodø Aquaculture and Marine Biosciences Autumn Bodø Ecology and Arctic Marine Biology Spring Bodø
Faculty of Education and Arts
Semester package Semester Campus Adventure Knowledge Autumn Bodø Experience English Language and Literature Autumn Bodø Advanced English Language and Literature Autumn Bodø Nordic and international Perspectives on Teaching and Learning Autumn Levanger Outdoor Studies Autumn / Spring / Full year Levanger
Experience English Language and Literature
Spring Bodø Extreme Environments Spring Bodø Advanced English Language and Literature Spring Bodø
Faculty of Social Sciences
Semester package Semester Campus Nordic Politics and Society Autumn Bodø Introduction to Norwegian Society, Welfare, Development and Language Spring Bodø
The Faculty of Nursing and Health Sciences offers clinical practice for nursing students from partner universities in their 4. or 5. semester.
For Spring 2024 Nord University offers placements in week 1 - 8, week 9 - 17 and 17 - 24. Students are expected to be present for the entire duration of the placement period.
You can choose between:
- Clinical Practice (medical or surgical) (12 ECTS)
- Home nursing (12 ECTS)
- Mental nursing (12 ECTS)
Please note that you are not guaranteed a placement, and that not all students will be granted their first choice of practice.
If you wish to nominate for a placement but has not received information by email, please contact the International Office
If you choose to select individual courses from the course overview, please be aware that teaching timetables and examination times may overlap.
We recommend contacting the international coordinator at your faculty here at Nord University if you wish to take courses not available as a semester package.
How to apply
- The student must be nominated by their home institution (if you are nominating for a placement, please look away from the information below).
- Upon nomination the student will receive an invitation to apply online.
- Log into our online application portal.
- Send in all documentation as described.
- Exchange students will receive their result of admission within 4 – 6 weeks after the deadline.
- The student will receive practical information about studying at Nord University and preparing for their stay in Norway by e-mail only.
Letter of admission:
If the application is successful, the student will receive a Letter of admission 4 – 6 weeks after the application period has ended. This document must be used when applying for a study permit for students outside EU/EEA.
NOTE: Exchange students will be invited by email to fill in the online application shortly after the nomination from their home institution. Please be aware that some e-mail addresses, particularly Hotmail, have very efficient firewalls. Some students never receive the e-mail invitation to apply online. If you don't receive the invitation within one week from Nord University, please contact our international office at email@example.com.
Required documents for students:
- 1. Copy of Passport/ID card
- 2. Online Learning Agreement (For Erasmus+ studies students only)
- 3. Learning Agreement traineeships (For Erasmus+ traineeship students only)
- 4. Official Transcript of records from home institution in English
Please write the International Coordinator at your faculty here at Nord University as responsible person in your Learning Agreement.
If you have questions about academic content, teaching modes or the course structure, please contact the international coordinators at the relevant faculty.
Full time studies are 30 ECTS per semester in Norway.
The language requirements do not apply to students with English as their first language.
Courses for exchange students are carried out in English and we expect that you have sufficient fluency in English in order to cope with your courses from the start.
Level B2 required
- You are required to have a minimum of level B2 (CEFR) for all courses offered to exchange students.
- Level B2 (CEFR) is equivalent to IELTS minimum score: 5.0 or TOEFL minimum score: 60.
How to document your English proficiency
- We consider your nomination by your home university as confirmation of your English proficiency at level B2.
- Exchange students who would like to apply for degree studies at Nord must be able to meet the language requirements.
More information about language requirements for degree studies:
If you are planning to apply for courses taught in Norwegian, please contact the international coordinators at the relevant faculty.
If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen you need a study permit/or a residence permit. You are advised to contact the Norwegian Embassy or Consulate General in your home country for information on procedures or check the webpage of the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration. For the study permit/residence permit you need the admission letter from Nord University.
There is a fee connected to the visa process.
The processing time for a study permit for non-EU/EEA citizen is 2-3 months.
EU/EEA students do not have to apply for a residence permit, but do have to register with the police if staying in Norway for more than 3 months.
Exchange students at Nord University can apply to extend their study period with one semester.
The exchange period is limited to maximum two semesters.
- In order to extend your stay you will need to be nominated by your home institution again.
- After you have been nominated you will receive more information about how to apply.
The deadline for applying is October 1st for the Spring semester and May 15th for the Autumn semester.
Please contact the admissions office for more information on how to apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business School: Sandra Wiik
Faculty of Biosciences and Aquaculture: Jose A De Pool Moran
Faculty of Social Sciences: Stian Hiis Berg
Faculty of Nursing and Health Sciences: Ingrid Bergem Sand
International Office: email@example.com