Environmental Pollution and Ecotoxicology
Students who have completed this course should have advanced knowledge about the major topics in ecotoxicology:
- Knowledge about sources and global distribution of environmental pollution.
- Knowledge about exposure, accumulation, body distribution, metabolism, and excretion of unwanted substances.
- Knowledge about modes of action of contaminants on molecular mechanisms, effects on cells and organs, on individuals, and on populations and ecosystems, as well as on biomarkers.
- Knowledge about ecotoxicology, environmental pollution including effects of aquaculture, causes and effects of major groups of contaminants, and understand risk assessment.
After completing the course, the students should know how to:
- Analyze and interpret ecotoxicological issues.
- Carry out an independent, limited research project, and present the project to fellow students.
After completing the course, the students should have:
- Acquired an advanced understanding of all central principles of ecotoxicology, and risk assessment.
Master in bioscience: Specialization course marine ecology
Elective other specilizations
Compound evaluation, grading scale Letter grades
- Compulsory participation - minimum 80 % attendance, comprises 0/100 of the grade, grading scale Approved/ Not approved.
- Written examination, 4 hours, comprises 100/100 of the grade, grading scale Letter grades.