Its location in the High North and excellent learning facilities, make Nord University Business School an important faculty for teaching and research. It focuses on business education, research, post-school training and business development.
The Business School admits about 1000 students each year to its various programmes at bachelor and master levels. A total of about 2600 students are currently enrolled at the Business School, continuing a strong upward trend. The Business School forms part of Nord University at present totalling about 220 staff members.
Mørkved, located 10 km east of Bodø's city centre, is the centre of the university's activities. The Business School was founded with the establishment of the main campus in 1985 and since then more than 3,000 students have graduated from our business programme Siviløkonom (Master of Science in Business).
Dean Gry Agnete Alsos Vice-dean of Research and Development Terje Mathisen Vice-dean of Education Siri Jakobsen Head of division - Economic Analysis and Accounting Pål Pedersen Head of division - Innovation and Entrepreneurship Thomas Andre Lauvås Head of division - Marketing, Organisation and Leadership Frank Lindberg Head of High North Center Frode Mellemvik Head of division - Traffic Rikke Mo Veie Faculty Director Steinar Stene-Sørensen Office Manager Ellen Abelgård
The extended management team also includes:
Bodø Anita Eide Senior Advisor Beate Vading Advisor Ellen Sirnes Senior Advisor Gøran Jenssen Advisor Hege Eilertsen Communication adviser Ida Marie Knutsen Advisor Inger Ellen E. Orvin Advisor Iris Ørnhaug Advisor Johanna Pettersson Higher Executive Officer Kathrine Mathisen Senior Advisor Kent Ove Bang Advisor Martin Olsen Advisor Pernille Høgseth Hansen Senior Advisor Sandra Wiik Advisor Truls Didriksen Advisor Ylva Marie Sagvolden Higher Executive Officer Stjørdal Anne Marie Bekkedal Senior Executive Officer Cathrine Wettergren Moseng Senior Advisor Ingrid Sandstad Størseth Higher Executive Officer Linn Glemmestad Larsen Higher Executive Officer Marianne F. Fostad Senior Advisor Renate Saur Senior Executive Officer Synnøve Myrvang Advisor Tone Hild Uberg Førstekonsulent
The Research Committee is a committee of the Business School responsible for case preparations and decisions concerning recruitment, research and research education.
- Terje Mathisen (Vice-Dean, research and development, chair)
- Elena Dybtsyna (programme manager, PhD)
- Frank Lindberg
- Pål Pedersen
- Thomas Andre Lauvås
- An-Magritt Steinset Kummeneje
- Trine Åsheim Bernhardsen (PhD candidate)
- Grete Knudsen (secretary)
- Maria Bogren - Chair
- Dolores Modic - Division - Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Anastasia Henk - Division - Marketing, Organisation and Leadership
- Pål Pedersen - Division - Economic Analysis and Accounting
- Özlem Nordfjaern - Traffic Division
- Elena Dybtsyna - Division of High North Studies
- Sandra Wiik - Administration (referent)
- Nishat Mrida - Student
- Pål Inge Johansen - Student
The Education Committee at the Business School is a coordinating committee in matters relating to studies and quality.
- June Borge Doornich - Chair
- Rikke Mo Veie
- Vivi Marie Lademoe Storsletten
- Siri Jakobsen
- Jorunn Grande
- Ellen Sirnes
- Synne Hansen - Student
- David Aleksander Bjørsvik - Student
- Henrik Holm Tvinnereim - Student